Friday, February 24, 2012

Take me somewhere warm

Now that spring is near we can't help but think where we should go for a quick getaway. My friends really want to go to sunny Mexico but I was just there 7 months ago. As much as I want to go back part of me desire to go somewhere I never been to. 

My mom asked me where will I be heading this year (she knows I take so much vacation, like 2-3 times a year). I told her I don't want to go somewhere this year because I am saving up for something big (Hint: Not a car and definitely not for a wedding). But after having a dinner date with my girlfriends, I was convinced take a break. After all, we all made a pact when we went to Cuba to take a yearly vacation together. I have a huge dilemma: To go lay on the beach all day sipping margaritas or stay in town and save up for something I really want for years. 

Couple of weeks ago, I decided to take my car for a nice-kinda-pricey-car-wash. And Lo and behold, after a day of the said car wash, we experienced a wet snow. Yes, it pissed me off! I mean who wouldn't?. What a waste of money eh? I said to myself "Chill, it could have been worst, its not like its -40 outside". But after today, when it snowed couple of centimetres I made up my mind "I had enough of this winter, I need to get out"

I just wish I don't get in trouble at work. I just started my new position at work and I'm already planning a vacation? Come on! 

When my friend texted me today whether I'm coming or not. I replied with a BIG YES!. I know this will cause me a little set back on my future plans however I'm the type of person who lives in a moment. If I don't see the world now, who knows when will I be given a chance to travel. Let's be realistic. If decided to settle down in the near future, I know for a fact that I would have less chance to travel. I guess do it now while I'm still young. 

Now the real question is where? Bahamas, Dominican republic or Jamaica?


"Sunset in Mexico" Taken while I was laying in my back, enjoying every minute of it

Cancun, Mexico - Playa del Carmen
PS:
The photos are taken by yours truly using iphone4, I apologize for the bad quality. I should have used my DSLR instead.

7 comments:

  1. lovely photos!!! i wish i could go to these places too :P thanks so much for your sweet comment and for following! im following your wonderful blog now too :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following me too hun. I love reading your blog!

      Delete
  2. Wow. You took that first photo with an iPhone? It's gorgeous! Can't even tell :)

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I used my iphone, i couldnt believe it at first and these photos werent edited and I didnt use any apps. I was amazed too

      Delete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous! I really need a vacation too.

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks angela! I cant wait to leave winter behind and head to somewhere tropical

      Delete
  4. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment! yes we can follow each other ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...