Thursday, March 1, 2012

All eyes on me

I find it really weird when all the attention is on me even if its just for a day. When I was young, my mom would always sign me up for extra curricular activities that would involve being on stage. Yes, I've done it all, from singing, dancing, staring on a play and even a speech contest. She also somewhat want me to be a child actor back in the 90s but she gave up when I showed no interest or should I say when she saw that I have no talent. Oh hey, I never want to cry in front of people and plus I don't think I have the looks. 

Every year, when my friends would always nag me to plan something for my birthday usually I have no interest to do so. I don't like planning and I don't like the fact that everyone would have to drop their other commitments to celebrate my birthday. It's just a birthday, why does it have to be a big deal when it's sole purpose is to remind you that you're getting old and have to grow up. 

For the heck of it, I round up seven of my closest friends last weekend to red robins'. And of course it snowed so hard that day too. I wasn't bitter that the weather was crappy. I am just thankful that God gave me another year and for having a wonderful family and awesome friends. That is enough for me. I am such a bad host since I didn't even bother booking as a reservation. Lucky enough, we got a table right away. I'm assuming everybody in the city didn't bother to go out. 

Just before we head out, my friends asked the servers to sing for me. And they made me stand in my chair and called everyone's attention to all sing for me. It was indeed embarrassing. I said to my friends "You guys are jerks!"



My bestfriend for 10yrs





Used instax photos as party favours









2 comments:

  1. Haha I know exactly what you feel. You look happy, though :)

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos!!! you look like youre having tons of fun :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...